Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Din Tai Fung Dumpling House


After a weekend of straight debauchery, I woke up on Sunday with a hankering for some juicy ass XLB.

So, I text my friend who has never been there and we made the trek 30 miles east. It was a fast drive, groovin to Gabriel and Dresden always helps. We arrive 35 min later and scored a sweet parking spot right in front of DTF. OMG... Madness.

There were like 25 people outside waiting! I walk in, get a number and a menu and proceed to select some food. After 20 min or so, our number is called and we sit down anxiously awaiting for juicy goodness. Sauteed spinach with garlic arrives within 5 min flat.. MMMMMM... best freakin spinach I've ever had. Pork Chop fried rice was next. This was a small portion, but for 2 people I guess it will suffice. Pretty tasty and I like that the rice wasn't covered in soy sauce. Hence, it was still white. Pork chop was good too.

Juicy pork dumplings came next. OMG... THIS WAS THE SHIETTTT! Tiny, petite one bite wonders. My craving had been satisfied. Shrimp and pork dumplings were okay. Just very standard. This was my 3rd time at this location and I've already made my friend a believer. =)Total bill before tax and tip, $33.

No comments: