Friday, October 10, 2008

Trader Joe's



For my birthday, my good friend B got me a gift card to Trader Joe's. It took me a while to get to the store, but I finally got to spend it today!

My shopping cart was packed with lots of goodies. Just a few items: spinach, celery, hummus, baby carrots, capellini pasta, crimini mushrooms, gyoza, ground turkey, tofu, brie cheese and Riesling.

Mmmmm mmmm mmm! There's nothing like a well stocked fridge to get my creative juices going.

I whipped up a capellini pasta with garlic and olive oil, accompanied by sauteed mushrooms and baby spinach. Delicious! 

Keeping up with the healthiness, I snacked on some baby carrots and spicy hummus.

I'm so satisfied right now. Nothing beats a home cooked meal. This almost makes my shitty day disappear. Almost. Maybe, I should open that Riesling. ;)

No comments: