Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blue on Blue

I was so excited to come here for DineLa last night, but the food was just mediocre at best.



Started off with a martini each. I had the lavender lemon drop and she had the elixir. The martinis were really good! Best part of the meal. Well, at $15 each, they better be damn good.




My appetizer was the Seared Scallops - Creamed English Peas, Vanilla, Sharp Cheddar. The scallops were super duper salty! It tasted like someone just dumped a ton of salt on there in a haste. Not good. The vanilla tapioca was good though, quite interesting.

My friend had the spinach salad and it was so boring and tasteless that she barely ate 2 bites.




My entree- Crispy Salmon - Celery Root Fondant, Chard, Purple Mustard. The veggies were the best part of this dish. Salmon was pretty tasteless and boring. I have made tastier salmon on my grill.




She had the Flat Iron Steak - Baby Fennel, Cannellini Beans, Grilled Scallion. Since I don't eat meat, I didn't try it. She said it was okay, but didn't even finish half of it.





Dessert- Chocolate Cake - Toasted Coconut, Brown Sugar Creme. Not half bad! And I'm not a fan of dessert. I liked the toasted coconut and the vanilla sorbet it came with.



GF had the Cheese Flight - Brilliant Savarin, Manchego, Aged Gouda. She said this was the best part of her meal.


So, would I come back? Nope. The service was good, but the food was just subpar. Dinner was $34 each. At $62 per person, I just didn't feel like I got my money's worth. Blue on Blue made me blue!
Blue on Blue
9400 W. Olympic Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

No comments: