Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chilli Thai

After watching "Sunshine Cleaning" at the Landmark theatre across the street, we headed over here last night to get some Thai food.

It was my suggestion since I saw the sign, we were starving and we haven't had Thai in a while. Ooopps, my mistake!

The food was blah and not worth it. I wish I had checked Yelp prior to this. As I can see now, most of the people agreed with me.

Our first dish was the fresh spring rolls. What a joke! These rolls were mostly lettuce, a piece of cucumber, vermicelli noodles, and some red cabbage. It was tasteless and fell apart in my hands. I hate when rolls, burritos, or tacos fall apart on me!



Next up was the chicken coconut soup. I was really excited to try this dish, but it was a huge disappointment. Why? Because, the chicken was so hard to chew that I had to spit it out! Yes. I spit out my food. And it takes a lot for me to do that. However, the straw mushrooms were really good. Soup itself was very watery, and even though soup is mostly liquid, there should still be some sort of consistency to it. The presentation of the soup was cool, as it arrived in a flaming metal bowl. But, it was hard to scoop out the soup into the bowls. Oh wells. Guess you can't have everything.





Our main course was the tofu pad thai. It was slippery and watery as well, and had this weird taste to it, almost like someone went dose happy with the vinegar bottle. Blech. Definitely not my favorite paid thai.



I'm not coming back here. I'd rather eat at Jack in the Box.

Chilli Thai
10889 Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064

No comments: