Monday, March 16, 2009

Jack n' Jill's

S and I were craving some good food this morning. He wanted breakfast and suggested this place. I agreed since I do like their lunch options. We drive over and park in the lot across the street. Free parking for 2 hours! Woohoo.. almost unheard of in LA.

Since I was coughing up my lung all night, I ordered the mint tea in hopes of soothing my sore throat. He had a large apple juice. I'm not sure if it was an off day or what, but the service was basically non-existent today. We had to flag down our servers a few times and no one really came by to check up on us. Moving on..



I had the veggie burger which came with mixed green salad and french fries. Yeah yeah, I could have got the fruit salad instead, but remember, I am the potato whore. And thank goodness I did, cuz the fries were perfectly crispy. Dipped into ketchup mixed with Tobasco sauce, yummm yummm. Of course, Mr. Healthy stole some of my fries. The burger was ginormous. I couldn't even get my mouth around it!! But, it was tasty. Veggie patty topped with avocado, tomato, red onion, and cucumber (hold the Havarti cheese please) hit the spot. I had 5 bites and was full. Well, you know they say that veggies fill you up fast.



S had the hi-protein scramble which had egg whites, spinach, turkey bacon, tomato, onion and mozzarella cheese. He's a big guy and he ate 3/4 of it and was full. It also came with a side of cottage cheese. Personally, this isn't my thang, but he liked it.



All in all, the food was tasty. The service was lacking. So, 3 stars, yo. Oh ya, I love the free Tootsie Roll lollipops they give you at the end of the meal.

Jack n' Jill's
342 N. Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

No comments: