Monday, April 20, 2009

Ulysses Voyage

Despite all my Asian restaurant reviews, I LOVE Greek food. Surprise surprise!!

We came to the Grove the other day for some good ole Greek.

Ulysses Voyage is located by the Farmer's Market next to the trolley stop. It was a semi-nice day so we sat outside on the patio.



Caviar Hummus: OMFG!!! This was soo damn good, I almost licked the plate. It came with tons of warm pita bread. MM Mmmmm.



I ordered the grilled octopus with rice. Disappointment! The octopus was burnt! Like straight up inedible. I was close to sending it back, but didn't want to be a biatch. So, I ate some of the non-burned pieces, but it was just BLAH. The rice was okay, nothing special. My dish came with a spinach salad which was alright as well. What's up with all that cheese? They should ask if we want cheese on a salad, some people could be allergic or what not.



This would have been so much better with just a bit of olive oil.



He had the lamb gyro with french fries. Damn it. I should have just got a gyros! I was trying to be all healthy and shiet. Whatever. The gyro was good, but we had to remove most of the sauce cuz it was D-R-I-P-P-I-N-G with it. Fries were yum and topped with minced garlic. Double YUM.



Kiddo had the kid's pasta, basically penne with white sauce and cheese. They love their cheese here!



I'd come back only for the caviar hummus. Service was a tad slow, had to ask for water refills twice. Eh, it was decent. Just nothing extraordinary.

Conclusion: Get the caviar hummus TO GO!

Ulysses Voyage
6333 W 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 939-9728

No comments: