Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Massimo

I'm very disappointed in the service we received last night.

For a restaurant that charges $24 for risotto, they better step it up.

At first, the waiter was nice and attentive, but after the main course was served, he disappeared. Like forever.

I had the scallop risotto and my boy had the risotto with artichokes. Both were decent, but not especially great. I didn't finish my entree, so my boy helped me out.



After we were done eating, the busboy came and cleared our table and asked us if we wanted any dessert or coffee. We declined.

20 minutes later during our conversation, we were like WTF. Where is the waiter with the check? He had vanished. We tried to peek inside the window to see if we could find him, but nope. So, my boy had to go inside and ask for the check. The waited of course said that he was "just coming out". RIGHT.

Dinner for 2 was $70. The bottled water that we shared was $8.50. Say what?! I'm suspicious that it was actually bottled water. It tasted like ass. But, I didn't want to be a drama queen.

Anyways, inconsistent service for an expensive restaurant is a no-no in my book. Next!

Massimo
9513 S Santa Monica Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310) 273-7588

2 comments:

Justin said...

i've never had risotto out that was better than what I can make at home -- it frankly takes way too long, and then chefs try to par-cook it for a while beforehand, and it never comes out right

Pandalicious said...

I thought the risotto was too al dente for me.. but wasn't sure if that is what it's supposed to taste like?