Saturday, August 8, 2009

Simbala

Last weekend, my GF and our kids came here to get our Taiwanese grub on. Boy, was I glad we did. What a way to satisfy my craving!

There was about a 15-20 min and we were starving. But, it made the food taste THAT much better. I guess anticipation really does make a difference.

Green onion pancakes: Yummy, perfectly crispy, greasy and just damn good! The kids loved them. I had once piece and the next thing I knew, they were pretty much gone. Little oinkers.



Pumpkin with rice noodles. OMG. This was heaven on a plate for me. I love Mi Fun, and this version with bits of meat and pumpkin was awesome! It came in a big portion too so I was able to stuff my face and save some for later!



Beef noodle soup: Damn, this soup was SPICY! It came with handmade noodles and big chunks of beef, along with lots of spicy pepper flakes. We were both blowing our noses. Very good hangover food. And no, I was not hangover, just sayin.



Rice with bamboo and pork: This dish looked pretty tasty, but I didn't have any. However, my friend and her son liked it so that's a good sign.



Wonton soup: Big wontons in a delicious broth with cabbage. Can't go wrong with this one. A classic soup, very good flavors.



We ordered shaved ice for dessert even though we were stuffed. The kids dug in and shaved ice is only $5 for one order. You also get to pick 5 toppings. My favorite was the rice balls. OMG. YUM.

Total for lunch was about $35. Cash only. That's the only downfall of this place. I didn't have enough cash, but my friend covered me. But, I had enough food leftover for dinner!

Simbala
18489 Colima Rd
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(626) 581-9885

2 comments:

Daniel S. said...

Pumpkin with rice noodles looks tempting; I'm adding this place to my hit-list. Argh, so many restaurants to try! And I'm glad to see the kids were enjoying some tasty, authentic eats :)

Pandalicious said...

yummmm.... it was so good. you def need try it.