Sunday, January 31, 2010

LA Paella- Great Spanish Tapas

LA Paella never disappoints. If you are looking for authentic tapas from Spain, this is the place to go.

Pascual, the owner is always friendly and happy to see us. He greets us with handshakes and cheek kisses (bf and me) respectively, and makes sure we are at the best table with stellar service.

Last night, they were completely booked, so we sat at the bar. After 10 minutes, he told us we could move to a table, since the couple there was done, but we opted to stay at the bar for a different experience. It's cool sitting at the bar, since you can watch the waiters making sangria and other drinks.

BTW, I recommend the sangria here, it's sweet, yet strong and make sure you eat the fruit. That's where all the alcohol is.

We ordered artichokes with ham, spicy potatoes, shrimp with garlic, grilled octopus, spanish omelette, croquettes and baby octopus.

artichokes, shrimp w/garlic, potatoes bravas


spicy potatoes, omelette, grilled octopus


Everything was delicious. My favorite is the baby octopus. OMG. It's so good. Light garlic flavor, with red pepper flakes and a hint of lemon, the baby octopus are succulent and perfectly cooked. HIghly recommended. It's not on the menu, so make sure to ask for it.

baby octopus


Spicy potatoes are great too. I love me some spicy food!



I love the garlic aioli they bring at the beginning with bread. It's seriously, to-die-for. I could eat a cup of it. Ok, I exaggerate. Maybe half a cup. I love garlic!

One of my top restaurants in LA and I've been coming here for years.

LA Paella
476 S San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 951-0745

2 comments:

kit said...

So glad to read that this place is still here. I remember my experience with you both, and to this day, no one can compete with LA Paella. Maybe I have to travel to Spain. :)

Pandalicious said...

ah yes, memories.

i heard Spain is lots of fun!