Friday, July 15, 2011

The Waffle - Worth the Wait?

We saw this place featured on "Best Thing I Ever Ate" thanks to Susan Feniger praising the red velvet waffles. So, we came here last Sunday to see what the fuss was all about.

First off, be prepared to wait a good 30-40 minutes for a table. We got there around 1 and didn't get a table till about 1:35 pm. Then, be prepared to wait for your food. Our food took another 30 minutes to arrive. F that. We were starving! I seriously can't stand waiting that long to eat. But, I took one for the team.

The red velvet waffles come with cream cheese butter and truly taste like red velvet cupcakes. At $10.50 for 2 pieces, it will pretty expensive. But, I guess you pay for novelty.



I ordered a tuna salad sandwich as did my DC at $8.25 each. The sandwich came with waffle fries which made them worth the price. Actually, the sandwich was pretty good.



I opted for the bottomless cocktails option which is only available on weekends. You get your choice of mimosas, bloody marys or margaritas for $12. I started with a mimosa which was just okay. Then I progressed to a bloody mary which was very watered down and weird. I would skip the cocktails and just drink water.

Bloody Mary



Someone was still hungry after her waffles so she ordered the dip and chips. What a waste of $7. A pile of stale chips and some artichoke chip = fail. Don't get this dish at all.



Our total bill was $57 before tip! Wowza. That's way too expensive for the food we got, especially after waiting an hour to eat.  


3/5***

The Waffle
6255 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 465-6901

No comments: