Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ramen Yamadaya- Sherman Oaks

We had a craving for ramen the other night, so I suggested this place since it was kinda close by.

I've already tried the Westwood location, where they burned my mouth with the super spicy red powder, but remembered that everyone raved about the broth.

So, we decided to give the Sherman Oaks location a try.

Parking is free in the lot. It's located next to Baskin Robbins.

We arrived at 9:45 pm and they still served us, even though they were closing at 10 pm. Yay for that. And no surly faces either.

We all ordered the Tonkotsu Kotteri which is fatty broth with black garlic oil. ($8.45)



I like the thin, straight ramen noodles way better than the curly ones, and that's exactly what we got. Broth was super fatty, but tasty. I liked that it came with half an egg and bamboo shoots. I did have to add some spicy powder to the broth tho, since it needed an extra kick.

Overall, good food, good service and decent prices. Not bad for the valley!



Ramen Yamadaya
15030 Ventura Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
818-501-1115

No comments: