Friday, September 5, 2008

La Paella


I love carbs! I can't eat a meal without having some sort of carb.


Well, last night I was in carb heaven. We went to eat at one of my favorite restaurants in LA.


La Paella features authentic Spanish cuisine straight from the Mediterranean. This place is reminiscent of someone's house and the ambience is romantic and charming. The owner Pascual is always friendly and makes you feel right at home. Being regulars, he always comes over and chats with us.


Our dinner consisted of a few tapas and the seafood paella. YUMMM YUMMM.


Tapas


Potatoes Bravas- spicy potatoes in a red hot sauce.. so good. One of my all time faves

Pulpo- octopus marinated in olive oil. How can you go wrong with octopus?

Tortilla Espanola- basically a Spanish omelette that comes in a wedge with potatoes and onions.

Snails- Yep, loves them. Comes in a spicy garlic sauce.. perfect for dipping some bread in.


Main Course


Seafood Paella with shrimp, lobster tail, mussels and clams. Wow, I was so full after all the tapas but still managed to eat half of my dish. *see pic*


This place is highly recommended on my list of restaurants to try. Come here with an empty stomach and an open mind. And you must try the sangria. It will get you buzzin and happy. :)


La Paella

476 S San Vicente Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90048

No comments: