Friday, December 26, 2008

Daily Grill


We were out of work early on Xmas eve, so my co-worker and I hit up Daily Grill to get some grub.

I really wanted to go to Taiko upstairs, but they were closed, so Daily Grill it was!

Service was pretty slow, starting with the host. Our waiter was nice, but he really moved a a snail's pace. Maybe it was due to his older age, or maybe he had too many tables to attend to. Either way, it took a while to get drinks and stuff.

I ordered the chicken piccata which came with mashed red potatoes and a HUGE side of broccoli. Basically, they just steamed a stalk of broccoli and put it on my plate. You can see that from the accompanying photo. 

Chicken was good, moist and tender. I liked the sauce it came with, but didn't eat the capers as they were too salty. Potatoes were yummy, and the small bits of skin gave it good texture. Broccoli was.. broccoli. I still have it my fridge cause it was that huge.

Prices are decent here, about $18 for my plate. Well, this is Brentwood, so it's expected. Parking is 1 hr meter or the valet lot. I hate valet, so nix that option.

For a chain restaurant, this place is alright.

Daily Grill
11677 San Vicente Blvd
Brentwood, CA 90049

No comments: