Saturday, March 7, 2009

Caffe Primo




Located in a plaza on Sunset Blvd, Caffe Primo serves up great breakfast and lunch options. I came here yesterday with S for brunch and was not disappointed.

Ordered the tomato and basil omelette with roasted potatoes and a side of fruit. Good thing they have veggie options since I am still not eating meat. This diet restriction may soon be broken since I just got an invite to go to dim sum. Crap.

So, the omelette comes out and it's circular. Hmm.. interesting. I wasn't too fond of it as it didn't have much flavor so after several rounds of pepper, I was able to bring out some of the natural flavor. 2 corn muffins sat on either side of the omelette. They were hard and blah, so I gave them to S. 

OMG. The roasted potaotes were off the hook! I took one bite and was my taste buds just exploded in delight. Perfectly cooked, seasoned and flavorful, these were my favorite. Sigh. I am such a potato wore and damn proud of it! Potatoes have lots of vitamins so no guilt over there. Whoever said carbs were evil must be a bitter, sad person. :P

Fruit was fruit. Nuff said. 

Service was good and I like that they take away the dishes when you are done. Nothing worse than sitting there with dirty plates. 

Good place to people watch. We saw these 2 really buff guys in tank tops with permed hair. Ummm yeah. It was quite.. interesting.

Caffe Primo
8590 Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069

No comments: