Monday, March 2, 2009

Cravings Restaurant





One would think that with a name like Cravings, this place elicits fantasies of mouth watering dishes. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. 

We came here yesterday for brunch and I was really looking forward to some belly satisfying food. I remember the food being pretty good, about 4 stars, but this experience left me with a 3 star feeling.

It was quite warm yesterday, around 80 degrees. 80 in March?! Only in Hell-Yay. One plus about Cravings is the al fresco dining which was perfect for the weather. 

I was craving a salad after reading "Skinny Bitch" and being totally turned off by meat. Cravings salad it was! It consisted of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and scallions topped off with lemon vinaigrette. It was decent, and I ate the entire plate. Cucumbers and tomatoes are a good combo fo sho.

For our entrees I had the angel hair with basil, garlic and tomato. My daughter had the Cravings Pizza- pepperoni, sausage and mushroom. S had the veggie omelette with roasted potatoes and fruit. Yes, the 3 of us are quite different in terms of taste. It's a good balance. 

My pasta was aite. I thought it was too soft and saucy. And I had to add a ton of red pepper flakes to give it some flavor. Ugh. Didn't finish it since it just wasn't worth the additional calories. 

K's pizza looked way too cheesy and thick. I didn't try it since I dislike pizza, but she ate 2 slices and called it a day. I just didn't think it looked appetizing.

S liked his omelette and I ate his potatoes. When it comes down to it, I am a potato whore. Love them, can't resist them! He said his omelette was good as evidenced by the disappearance of it. 

Overall, the meal was okay. Price was $58 before tip. Service was slow as hell, and we had to wait a while to get refills on drinks. Maybe it was an off day. But, Cravings did not leave me craving for more. 

Cravings Restaurant
8653 W. Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069

3 comments:

kit said...

I love pizza and that pizza looks unappetizing. :( What's worse is that I am sure I make better pizza from home. Sorry to see/read that.

Pandalicious said...

yeah that pizza was bleh!

Anonymous said...

man, how come I've never even heard of this place???