Monday, April 13, 2009

The Farm of Beverly Hills

With such a name, one would think of animals and hay. But, this place is just a simple, down home, casual restaurant.

I frequent The Farm quite often. Tonight I was craving their pasta, so we ended up here for din din.

One plus is the al fresco dining. Only in LA, in mid April can you enjoy dinner outside. It was a tad bit chilly though, so we had them turn on the heater.

We started with the calamari appetizer. Love calamari! Something about those tentacles makes them so appealing to eat. They were crispy and tasty. Perfect with the mayo based dipping sauce.




I ordered the capellini pasta which came with capers, olives, artichokes and tomatoes. Loved it! It was tasty, seasoned well and had great flavors. The only thing that I didn't like was that it was way too oily. When I was done with my dish, there was a pool of olive oil sitting at the bottom of my plate. Ew.



S had the cobb salad. It tasted fine, but since I am not really into eating salads as my main course, I can't say more than "fine". He liked it though. I liked that it came with a hard boiled egg on top of all that lettuce.



My daughter had the mac n cheese. Yum! She loved it. It was creamy and tasted like 500 calories per bite. Oh wells. She could use the extra fat.



Service was good and prompt. Oh, we had a celeb sighting. Abigail Breslin from "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Nim's Island" was celebrating her birthday there. Pretty cool cuz my kid got to see her. She was stoked.

I think everyone should check out The Farm if you are in the Bev Hills area. Good stuff!

The Farm of Beverly Hills

439 N Beverly Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310) 273-5578

2 comments:

SinoSoul said...

seen the LA Live Farm "branch" quite a few times now. Looks like I should really stop by?

Pandalicious said...

yes, you def should.