Friday, April 17, 2009

Pierre Lafond Bistro

On Easter, we drove up to Santa Barbara to eat and relax. It was such a nice day and perfect for some outdoor dining.

Enter: Pierre Lafond. A charming French bistro located on the busy and popular State Street, AKA drunk street for UCSB students.



We waited for 5 minutes before being seated on the patio. I noticed that service was pretty damn slow. I'm not sure why, but based on other people's reviews, that seems to be normal here.

We order 2 bellinis, lobster putanesca for me and salmon club sandwich for him.



Bellinis were standard, but hit the spot. I mean, gave me tingles in my head.

Lobster putanesca was good, except for the lobster itself. Booo. It was too hard an chewy. I did like the angel hair pasta and the sauce though.



S had to send his sandwich back because the bacon was not cooked fully. He likes bacon crispy and not fatty like it came. Can't blame him!



We had another bellini each to finish off the meal!

Overall, I'd come back. But, I would order something different, along with a mimosa next time.

Side note: An artist was sitting behind me and sketched a caricature of us. It was a cute touch to lunch, although he just got my back, but it still looks like me! Didn't really look like S' face though. Oh wells. It was Easter, so we bought it off him for $10.

Pierre Lafond
516 State St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
(805) 962-1455

No comments: