Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pan's Kitchen

Been wanting to satisfy my Taiwanese food craving for a while now. So, when my GF and I hung out yesterday, she took me here to fulfill the crave.

It's small restaurant and they even have birds in cages by the front. I just thought that was interesting, it's kinda like dining in the rain forest. Yes, it was humid yesterday and they didn't have any AC.

Service was fast and straight to the point.

We ordered cold noodles, stewed tofu, green onion pancake, noodle soup with broiled egg and ground pork and wonton soup.

Cold noodles were good, with a touch of peanut butter. Refreshing and chill.

Stewed tofu was yummy, I liked the sauce it came in, and the fact that it wasn't fried. You know, I'm trying to eat healthier. Key word: TRY.



Green onion pancakes were decent. I wish it had more green onion.



Noodles in soup was very good! I liked the homemade noodles, thick and yummy. Just like Mom's cooking. Except, my Mom never made noodles from scratch. Haha. Broth was even better after some hot chili paste! I love spicy soup! Loved the broiled egg, very reminiscent of Taiwan.



Wonton soup was for my kid. She liked it and it came with lots of wontons. No scrimping on wontons here. I hate when you order wonton soup at some other places, *ahem Noodle Planet*, and you get like 3 wontons.



In a nutshell, good Taiwanese eats here. Credit cards are accepted for orders over $20 only.

Pan's Kitchen
18438 Colima Rd
#31
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(626) 810-2998

No comments: