Thursday, June 18, 2009

Versailles Restaurant

Food- 3.5 stars.

Service- 2 stars.

Best Cuban food? I can't compare since this is the only Cuban place I've tried.


Garlic bread, too crunchy for my taste


Garlic chicken is the only dish to get here. We ordered a top sirloin steak dish and it was so not worth the $12.95.

The chicken was tender, juicy and packed with lots of garlicky flavor. I love the mojo sauce it comes with. Wish they gave more though cuz my sis and I were wanting more. If you ask for extra sauce, they will charge you $2. Say what? No thanks.

Best garlic chicken I've tasted.. too bad they don't give you extra sauce for free.


Steak was really hard and over-cooked. It's rare for me to say that steak is over done since I like mine medium, but this thing was so hard to chew and cut. Umm yeah.. Forgo the steak. Get the chicken, or better yet, try the oxtail stew. I heard that's a good dish.

Blah.. not good at all


Service was sucky. She seemed unhappy to be there, didn't bring out plates for us till way later even though I asked for them at the beginning. Dude, we need to eat our crumbly garlic bread without getting bread all over the table.

So, in a nutshell. Get the chicken to go. You can enjoy it at home and not have to worry about garlic breath. Huge portions too, so feel free to share. Or not.

Versailles Restaurant
10319 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310) 558-3168

No comments: