Sunday, December 6, 2009

Spago- Las Vegas

It's a tradition for me to visit Spago whenever I am in Vegas. I can't get enough of their hand cut fettucine.

However, this last visit was short of extraordinary. But, still the food was yummy.

We came for lunch on a Wednesday afternoon and were seated outside in the patio. Our waitress came over to get our drink orders within 10 minutes. BF had a Riesling and I got the Prosecco. I was feeling bubbly.

The busboy dropped off a basket of bread which had some pretzel style crackers, square onion bread, and some other stuff. The onion bread was my favorite, but unfortunately, they only gave us ONE of those in the entire basket.. WTF.



So, we asked the waitress for more of that bread. She came back 5 minutes later with a basket of bread that had everything BUT the onion bread. Stupid.

Anyway, whatever, moving on.

We got our entrees. I had my usual hand cut fettucine with Wild Oregon Mushrooms, English Peas, Arugula, Glazed Shallots and Parmesan-Reggiano. Delicious as always! Big portion too, took me a while to finish it.



BF had the PAPPARDELLE PASTA À LA BOLOGNAISE
Braised Beef, Roasted Double Blanched Garlic, Plum Tomatoes, House Made Ricotta Cheese and Italian Parsley. I think he always get this dish too. We must be creatures of habit. He cleaned off his plate in 10 minutes, so yeah, he liked it.



Our waitress seemed to be missing most of the meal. We had a hard time flagging her down to get a second round of drinks.. I'm not sure why that was. Spago is usually great with service.

But, it's all good! I got buzzed off 2 glasses of Prosecco. I ain't complainin'.

Lunch was around $100 before tip. I'll still go back, just hope for more attentive service next time.

Spago @ Caesar's Forum Shops
The Forum Shops at Caesars
3500 Las Vegas Blvd S, Ste G1
Las Vegas, NV 89109
(702) 369-6300

2 comments:

Kung Food Panda said...

I agree, the hand cut fettucine does look good. With the amt of money spent at a place like Spago, it sucks to have bad service from a stupid waitress. I guess these things happen to the best of them...

Pandalicious said...

i know!! oh well, i've had good service there before.