Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Absolutely Phobulous- Encino

I like this location better than the one on La Cienega.

Two of the reasons are better parking and better space.

There is valet parking available under the complex, and it's free with validation. Just make sure the valet gives you the right car because mine pulled up in a Honda and I started laughing. Not that I have anything against Hondas, but my car is a Mitsubishi.

This location is much more spacious and they also offer booths which La Cienega does not have. Ventilation is better here as well as the service. Well, the service is about the same, but at least they greet you here instead of just grunting.

My seafood pho was quite tasty and a good deal at $9. It came with squid, fish balls, and crab. Not sure if that was real crab, but I doubt it. However, the broth was yum and I ate the entire bowl.



We also shared an order of fresh summer rolls. They were okay, mine pretty much fell apart which was not good. I also did not care for all the bean sprouts they put in there.



Our waiter did not check on us once, which is fine since we didn't need anything. Food came out in a flash, seriously, within 5 minutes.

Yay for a good Pho place in the valley!

Absolutely Phobulous
15928 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436
(818) 788-3560

6 comments:

kit said...

I concur - doubt if it's real crab, especially for $9. Why not swap a car for the day? :)

Daniel S. said...

I've been here and thought it was decent, but next time you're in this area you definitely need to try Pho So 1 on Sepulveda near Ranch 99. It's quite good and on par with some of the better places in OC :).

Too bad they didn't give you a Porsche :).

Pandalicious said...

Kit- hahaha. i would, but it was a honda.

Daniel- i've heard about pho so 1. it must be good if people keep mentioning it. i'll keep it in mind. thx!

joanh said...

all the names of the pho places crack me up..

Kung Food Panda said...

I love pho and the usual bad service. Oh wells, as long as the food is good, I'm fine.

Pandalicious said...

J- yeah, pho resto names are quite original.

KFP- Agreed, food over service.