Friday, November 25, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower

Oh yes. We just had a huge Thanksgiving feast last night, but I'm hungry again! Being a fan of cauliflower, I looked some recipes online and came across roasted cauliflower. It looked simple and tasty, so I decided to go for it.

Before the oven


All done!
Recipe was pretty easy and took a mere 10 minutes to prepare.

  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 3 cloves of garlic, chopped up
  • olive oil
  • garlic salt
  • pepper
Preheat over to 400 degrees. Cut up the cauliflower into florets and put into a baking dish. Toss in the garlic and drizzle olive oil on top. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put dish into over and bake for 27-30 minutes until the tops are brown and tender. Remove and serve immediately. You can add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, but this was tasty without it.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Bianca @ South Bay Rants n Raves said...

And I'm eating some mashed cauliflower as I read this. Nice to see another simple take on it, and a Thanksgiving detox recipe!

Daniel S. said...

I love cauliflower! I usually pick one up every weekend at the SM Farmers Market. Lately I've been roasting it with curry powder, salt, cumin, and olive oil. Adding Parmesan is interesting...I'll have to try that.

Pandalicious said...

@ Bianca - mmm, mashed cauliflower. A great alternative to mashed potatoes!

@ Daniel- it's been a long time! mm, i'll have to try the currry powder. let me know how the parmesan comes out.