Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spaghetti House by Orris

Spaghetti House by Orris should not be confused with the original Orris. This restaurant now serves pasta and it's not even really Japanese.

I was pretty excited to dine here since Orris served such good food. However, the pasta was unoriginal and pretty plain.

We came here during lunch on a week day and it was pretty dead. The waitress was friendly and prompt, which I liked. Service is important to me.

I ordered the spaghetti with mushrooms and takana mustard greens and my dining companion had the spaghetti with bolognese. Both came with a side salad which was pretty bland.

Spaghetti with mushrooms & takana mustard greens
Our pastas were done within 7 minutes and looked like something i could whip up at home. I liked my mustard greens and mushroom pasta just fine, but there was nothing special about it. My DC said his bolognese was good, and it definitely looked like something you could get an Italian chain restaurant.

Spaghetti bolognese

Why did Orris have to close and replace itself with this pasta house? I don't get it, but oh wells. I doubt I'll be back for something that's pretty mediocre.

3***

Spaghetti House by Orris
2006 Sawtelle Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

No comments: