Tuesday, February 28, 2012

800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria- Westwood

Love pizza but don't want to spend a fortune? 800 Degrees is the place for you.

In the last month, I've had the privilege of coming here twice already and both times I avoided the long line that seems to form around lunch or dinner. The first time we went around 4 pm on a weekday and it was pretty empty. On our second visit, we were the first customers! Woohoo for being there at 11 am.

made to order pizzas


My recommendation is the pizza bianca. White pizza with no tomato sauce. It comes with fresh mozzarella, olive oil, garlic, oregano and se salt. Simple ingredients that blend together nicely. I added some fresh arugula for some color and bite. For $5 to start and $1 for extra ingredients, you sure can't beat the price!

pizza bianca with arugula

My dining companion got the pizza magherita which comes with crushed tomato, olive oil, mozzarella, parmesan and basil. I had a bite and it was just okay to me. But, then again, I'm not a fan of tomatoes on my pizza. This pizza starts at $6 without extra toppings.

pizza magherita with artichokes and bacon


After you place your order, you pay for it at the cash register, take a seat and within 5 minutes your pizza is done! I had an entire pizza by myself and would definitely recommend that to anyone else.


I'd definitely come back, but not sure I'd stand in line.

4****

800 Degrees Pizzeria
10889 Lindbrook Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90024

No comments: