Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Zankou Chicken

Since I'm on a budget lately, no more fine dining for me. :(

Headed to Zankou last night, even though I was really craving Greek food, but didnt feel like driving too far. I suppose this place is kinda similar to Greek? Eh.. not really.

We rolled up to the parking lot, but there was no parking and some dude was trying to direct us where to park. Not having that, so we parked up the street and walked in the freezing ass cold to Zankou.

I ordered a 1/4 chicken plate which came with hummus and some kind of salad. The chicken was kinda small, hummus was good, but I wasnt sure what the purple stuff was in my salad, so I did not eat it. However, I did eat the yellow pepper which turned out to be super spicy and cleared up my stuffed sinuses. Woot.

S ordered the chicken tarna which he loved.. I didnt have any as I wasn't in a wrappy mood. We shared a falafel plate as well, but the falafel was so dry I almost choked on it. Well, if you did it in the hummus, then it's not too bad. Overall.. this place is decent.. Not too expensive which is good for us in these times of economic strife.


Blah. I need a drink now.


Zankou Chicken
1716 S Sepulveda Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

No comments: