Thursday, February 19, 2009

Shakey's Pizza











The economy sucks and times are tough. This is what led me to Shakey's last night. I am not a fan of pizza, since cheese is not my thang, but who can say no to free pizza? 

Before you get too excited, the reason we got free pizza is cuz one of my buds is a teacher and she gets free coupons in appreciation of her hard work. So, we all piled into her car and headed here. 

Shakey's is just an ordinary place, nothing fancy, reminiscent of a school cafeteria. We order at the front- 1 medium mushroom pizza, 1 pepperoni pizza, and mojo potatoes. Mojo what? I was curious to try these suckers since I've been needing my mojo back. 

We snag a booth and watch the Lakers game that's playing. 10 minutes later, our huge ass pizzas arrive. Among the 4 of us, we were still unable to eat all the pizza. I thought it was okay tasting, too cheesy for me, and it def needed more mushrooms. But, what do I know? I'm not a pizza connoisseur, but I didn't fancy the pizza here. However, the MOJO potatoes were quite the hit. These fried potatoes were addictive and I could not stop eating them. I had maybe 10-12 pieces. Ah shucks, there goes the diet.

Total cost of meal- $5. We had to pay for our drinks. I doubt I'll come back, but I did find the recipe for mojo potatoes online so it's all good with me!

Shakey's Pizza
12924 Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90292

No comments: