Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Urth Caffe


I'm a westside girl at heart. Getting me to go to downtown is like pulling teeth. So, you better entice me with something good.


My friend, JG lives downtown and really wanted me to go and visit. I fckin hate driving downtown since I have no sense of direction and get lost, especially on all the retarded one way streets. When I am downtown, my stress levels go beyond SUPREME and saying I have road rage is an understatement.


Anyways.


JG convinced me to make the trek cuz he said there was a new Urth Caffe. WHAT?!! Urth is downtown?? I love Urth. Reluctantly, I agreed.


The weather was beautiful this weekend so we sat outside on the patio. This Urth has a bit of a different crowd. I believe they are referred to as "hipsters". I'm used to the moms with strollers at the Bev Hills location or the Hollywood types at the Melrose one.


It was a change of pace. I liked that we could actually get a table. Service was good and the food was yummy.


Pumpkin pie with tons of whipped cream. Good thing my kid ate most of it. JG had the coconut banana cake which was quite scrumptious as well. I had the mint tea with lots of honey. No coffee for me. I can't do caffeine after 12 noon or else I am up all night.


Parking was a plenty, thank goodness. Well, considering it was located in an alley, I guess parking should be ample.


I'd come back, but ONLY if I was already in the area.



Urth Caffe
451 S. Hewitt St
Los Angeles, CA 90013

No comments: