Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Blowfish Sushi To Die For

Sushi to die for? Well, good thing I didn't die.

This place has good and bad points, which brings the average out to 3 stars.

First off, the music is BLARING in here. I mean, it's like a full on club. This is good if you are looking for a club place, but not for dinner. Most of the time I was yelling at my friend and after a while, I just resorted to drinking. I'm not hatin on the music, since it was house music and I dig that genre. Seriously, turn that shiet down.



Service was slow as hell. I think we waited 15 minutes for our waitress to greet us. By that time, I was starving and getting really antsy since my last meal was 10 hours ago.

We finally order and just get a ton of stuff since we knew it would be a while before we saw her again. I had the lychee sidecar and my buddy had a pomegranate mojito. I dug my lychee drink and quickly downed it so I could indulge in another.



As far as food goes, there were hits and misses.

Hits: the special raffi roll was da bomb!!! I could have had 5 more of these. Salmon, cucumber, cream cheese, topped with more fish and coconut flakes. Delish!



The spicy hamachi roll was good too, and it came with that awesome cock sauce.



The firecracker roll came with an interesting presentation, but didn't tantalize my taste buds.



Unagi nigri was tasty. Yellowtail nigri was alright, I didn't much care for the skin on the side. Meh.

Misses: Fire oysters was a no go. What's up with all that melted cheese? I couldn't slurp my oysters.. booo hooo.



Their grill wasn't working so we couldn't order any hot food. Bummer. I really wanted to try the sea bass.

Overall, this place is good for late night bar hopping. I would have enjoyed my food more if I didn't have to hold my conversation at such a high level. But, if you go for the food, get that raffi roll. It's amazing. Just bring someone you don't really have much to to talk about with. Or get completely wasted and you won't think twice about yelling.

Blowfish Sushi To Die For
355 Santana Row
San Jose, CA 95128
408.345.3848

No comments: