Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hae Jang Chon

I am on a KBBQ overload. Last week I had Chosun and last night my friends and I came here for AYCE.

I was the one who suggested this place based on the reviews on Yelp. But, honestly, the quality of meat wasn't all that.

We had the AYCE and it came with tons of food. I think there was at least one cow on that platter, along with some chickens and half a pig.



Personally, the chadolbaegi was way too fatty. I had to cut off all the fat before eating it and soon after, I got tired of working for my food. So, we grilled up some galbi. That was tasty, albeit a bit too chewy.

Chicken was alright. I don't come to KBBQ to eat chicken, but we had some non- red meat eaters in our group so we had to order that.

The pork belly was way too big and by the time it was done cooking, I just wasn't hungry anymore. My friends had a few bites and said it was way too hard and not good. Bleh.



At least it was $16.99 which came out to $20 per person.

I guess this is what happens when you go to AYCE. You have to sacrifice quality for quantity.

I didn't much care for the stone grill, since it took forever to cook meat and the grease just piled up everywhere.



As far as service, it was hit or miss. Sometimes they were around, other times we had to ask for things over and over again. It wasn't even that busy.

If you want banchan, this isn't the place for you. I saw bean sprouts and rice paper wrappers. That was it. The kimchee pancake was good, but they did not replace it.

Oh wells.

I'll stick to normal KBBQ places, but I'm refraining from meat for a while. I was up half the night due to too much dead cow in my system.

Hae Jang Chon

3821 W 6th St
Los Angeles, CA 90020
(213) 389-8777

No comments: