Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Blockheads Shavery- Shaved Ice Goodness

Seriously, the best shaved ice I've ever had and I've had a ton of shaved ice. In fact, I'm not even a fan of shaved ice, but Blockheads has made me a believer.

Their ice is so soft and fluffy, it's not even like your typical shaved ice. More like buttery, flakey snowy goodness.

I had the black sesame with rice balls and coconut puree. OMFG. Heaven in a bowl!! The black sesame may sound weird, but it's really, really good. It has a unique flavor that is hard to describe. Kinda sweet, but not overly sweet. I also tried the taro, but it wasn't as good and didn't really taste like taro.

Black sesame with rice balls & coconut puree
Plain with mango puree and mango


Tip: If you check in on Foursquare, you get a free topping when you order a regular with a topping. Good deal! Regular is $3.50 and toppings are 50 cents each.  You really can't miss this new gem on Sawtelle.

5*****

Blockheads Shavery
11311 Mississippi Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 445-8725

4 comments:

Buddha said...

I'd stick with the mango. The black sesame and rice balls doesn't sound very appealing to me.

Anonymous said...

YOU DON'T LIKE SHAVED ICE? what kinda taiwaneser are you! *facepalm*

I keep reading about this place... but.. dangit it's so far, lah!

Bianca @ South Bay Rants n Raves said...

wow! This looks very unique indeed. If only it was closer....

Pandalicious said...

@ Buddha - you're missing out! that's what I said too, but it's the best.

@ Sinosoul- i'm not a fan of sweets, usually!

@ Bianca - it's not too far from the south bay. : )