Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Yelp Tasting Menu at WEST Restaurant and Lounge

I'm still full from the 11 course feast we enjoyed last night. The CMs and entire staff at WEST organized a stellar event and I'm so happy I got to be a part of it.

We started off with drinks in the lounge where I met some cool Yelpers. I really liked the Across the Universe martini which had hints of blackberry and was topped off with a mint. 





Right before 7 pm, we headed to the dining area and sat at the best tables. The manager had reserved all the tables next to the windows for us. Woohoo! We get to dine and enjoy the view.





Here's what we ate:

Sunchoke soup with brown butter powder and truffle: AMAZING!! My second favorite of the evening. The flavors were delicious and I liked the presentation in a small cup.


Roasted baby beet with triple creme goat cheese and beet caramel: A big chunk of cheese surrounded by beets and sitting atop caramel. Quite tasty, cheese lovers would dig this dish.





Seared foie gras with quince jam and ginger bread: Generous portion of foie gras sitting on top of quince ham. Nice flavors, but I didn't really like it.



Braised pork cheek with crispy potato and apple mustard: Pork lovers will dig this dish! Cooked perfectly and had a nice balance with the apple mustard.


Crispy egg with bacon jam and arugula: OMFG, this dish was the best one of the night! Poached egg that's been battered and deep fried. Need I say more?


Orange sorbet with pop rocks and lemon cream: Such an original concept! I loved it! The pop rocks really brought back some fond childhood memories. Who doesn't love the feel of pop rocks in their mouth?





Stuffed quail with brussels sprouts, chanterelle and pancetta: MMM MMM GOOD. I loved the brussels!! The quail was cooked perfectly as well and very tasty. 





Lobster macaroni with sundried tomato and lobster foam: Was really excited for this dish, but it was too salty. I did like the chunks of lobster though.





Braised short rib with parsnip puree, shallots and radish; Yummmy, loved this dish as well. Very tender and the parsnip puree was delish. 





Seared scallop with raisin puree and rainbow cauliflower: This one was okay, the cauliflowers were my favorite part of this dish. Scallops were too salty and I didn't really care for the raisin puree. 





For dessert we had dulce de leche, chocolate aero, caramel ice cream and popcorn. I liked the ice cream and chocolate aero. Aero was fluffy and light as air! 





We ended the evening with chocolate truffles. Loved it!





I'm definitely coming back especially since we all got preferred dining cards. Thanks, WEST and big kudos to Chef Matthew Woolf! Service was spot on as well. We really did dine like kings and queens.



WEST Restaurant and Lounge
Hotel Angeleno
170 N Church Lane
Los Angeles, CA 90049

No comments: